Two things you can do to help the community in 2020
Fill out the 2020 Census
Encourage your friends, family, and neighbors to do so, too!
A complete count of residents ensures that our State is properly represented in Congress, and that our community receives the Federal financial support it deserves for many important services, including education.
New Bedford Counts connects you to the federal census and lists Census Help Center phone numbers where you can ask questions. https://www.newbedford-ma.gov/census/
Prepare to vote in the 2020 election
If you are a citizen and will be 18 years old by election day:
> Make sure you are registered to vote
> Know your polling location
> Pledge to vote
- The deadline to register to vote in Massachusetts is 20 days prior to the date of the election or meeting.
- August 22-28: In-person early voting for the State Primary
- August 26: Applications for Mail Ballot must reach your local election office for the State Primary
- September 1: State Primary
- October 17-30: In-person early voting for the General Election
- October 28: Applications must reach your local election office for the General Election
- November 3: Election Day
Visit Vote New Bedford for more information for Massachusetts residents, and ideas of other ways to help get-out-the-vote.